Serving Cherry Creek and Denver, Colorado
Tooth staining is the most common complaint people have about the appearance of their smile. A discolored smile can make people think you are older and can diminish your confidence in smiling. Fortunately, tooth whitening is a very successful procedure for improving the brightness of your smile. There are actually several tooth whitening options, some designed to give instant results, and others that whiten your teeth over time to achieve the best possible whitening.
At Ascent Dental, we offer a full range of whitening options and will help you find the best one for your whitening goals. To learn more about the options we offer, you can read this page or contact our Denver dentist office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jeff Johnston.
Why Teeth Stain
Tooth staining is a natural process that can be accelerated by a number of factors. These include:
- Your natural tooth color—may be lighter or darker
- Age—tooth enamel naturally changes color with age
- Translucency—some people’s enamel shows more of the yellowish dentin underneath
- Thickness—your tooth enamel wears away with time, and poor care can speed this process
- Eating staining foods—red wine, coffee, tea, cola, chocolate and other deeply colored foods or those with staining chemicals
- Drugs or chemicals
Because teeth naturally change color with age, people unconsciously judge your age based on the color of your teeth and may presume you are older because of your discolored smile. If you are unhappy with the age people guess you are, then tooth whitening is a good rejuvenation treatment.
Tooth Whitening Options
Learn about the advantages of professional tooth whitening. At our Denver cosmetic dentistry practice, we offer three types of professional tooth whitening:
- Opalescence Boost, 1-hour whitening in our office
- Customized whitening trays—designed to let you design or improve your in-office whitening results
- Kör whitening—designed to give the best whitening results